Tuesday, February 13, 2007

STARFISH ART, AN EXHIBITION


How many of you fly by the “Fly By”? The Perspective prefers to sit and enjoy his java. In addition to not having to worry about spills on the rough roads of Kodiak, the “Harborside Fly By” features local artists in a month long exhibitions. This month there are two shows, one of assembled photographs, and the other is decorated starfish. This is a sometimes funny, sometimes surprising show as the shape of the dried starfish inspires the artist in unexpected ways. The Perspective encourages you to take the time to stop in and have a look, it is sometimes a good idea to get out of your vehicle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disgusting. When I want to see tarted-up starfish spread eagle, I'll go down to the beach and apply lipstick to them myself. Oops, maybe I've said too much.

Christie Rowe said...

KP - I think the starfish is fun. And I love the Fly By. They were always really generous to a couple of muddy geologists who hadn't seen internet for a while.

Christie Rowe said...

on second thought, is that hair glued on? OK that's a little weird. I wonder if it's human hair?